Philippe Coutinho is in contention to make his first start of the season against Burnley on Saturday, Jurgen Klopp has confirmed.
Coutinho, who handed in a transfer request in the summer, came on as a substitute in Wednesday’s 2-2 draw with Sevilla.
With Sadio Mane suspended following his red card against Manchester City, the 25-year-old could fill the void on the left wing.
Klopp, as quoted by Sky Sports, says he has seen enough on the training ground to convince him that the Brazilian is fit enough to start.
He should be ready.
It was really nice how the crowd welcomed him [in midweek].
Nobody was 100 per cent sure about this, but I am really happy that we were, as a Liverpool family, sensitive enough to do it exactly like this.

He has trained outstanding in the few sessions we’ve had so far together since he was back.
The game was not perfect of course, but that’s how it is after a long break. It helped him and helped us and for sure he is ready [for us] to think about.
As quoted by the Liverpool Echo, Klopp also revealed that Simon Mignolet is set to return after Loris Karius was handed a start against Sevilla. The German says Mignolet will play the vast majority of games but has been impressed by Karius’ displays.
Simon Mignolet is No.1. I said it already. At the end of the season, he will have 85 or 87 per cent of all games I think.
There will be other games, like the last one in the Champions League, where Loris Karius plays.
I can’t remember one mistake, so he is in good shape and is a good goalkeeper – good for us, that’s all.




