Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed forward Roberto Firmino will undergo a scan on a hamstring injury suffered against Chelsea on Saturday.
The Reds are waiting to discover the extent of the damage after the Brazilian was forced off before half time at Anfield.
Diogo Jota replaced the 29-year-old and ultimately won the penalty to level the match at 1-1 just before the break.
However, having been picked from the start for the clash, it’s clear to see Firmino remains an integral part of Klopp’s plans.
Speaking after the match, Klopp was unsure as to the severity, as cited by James Pearce on Twitter.
Twitter: Klopp says Firmino will have a scan tomorrow after coming off injured #LFC (@JamesPearceLFC)
Serious? I don’t know. Serious enough to take him off? Yes. Bobby felt his hamstring, came over and told us and we had to prepare the change. Bobby is nobody who raises the hand when he doesn’t feel anything. It doesn’t look too serious but you never know before you have a scan and we will know tomorrow.
Firmino will at be afforded a fortnight off before the Reds are back in action against Leeds United as one of those international players not travelling during the break.
So far this season the ace has scored once in 81 minutes of Premier League football.
READ LIVERPOOL VERDICT
Whilst Klopp is right to be positive given Firmino’s rather free-moving departure from the field, there remains a greater concern.
Given that Chelsea were reduced to 10-men for a large period, Liverpool were unable to make adequate changes in order to break down a well organised defensive unit.
Jota for Firmino may well have been one of those switches as the game wore on, however, that hand had already been played.
Without Divock Origi on the bench, Klopp truly did lack game-changing options and the blow to Firmino could spark a late move for an attacking transfer.




