Liverpool have been handed a reported ‘transfer boost’ in their sensational pursuit of Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix.
The Reds have been heavily linked with the 22-year-old in recent months and recent comments would appear to suggest a deal could be possible.
Signed for an eye-watering £113million in 2019 (BBC), Felix has made 98 appearances for the La Liga title holders.
However, things could be heading towards an unamicable conclusion after manager Diego Simeone responded to speculation and an interview by the Portuguese international.
Diego's not happy 👀https://t.co/kj9gXuSkcr
— Liverpool FC News (@LivEchoLFC) February 13, 2022
About what Joao said, you can ask him. I work according to the team. If he is clear about what the problem is, it would be good to know.
The 20-cap star had told The Athletic that there is a ‘problem’ at Los Colchoneros as Atletico struggle to defend their crown.
So far this season Felix – described as a player with ‘enormous quality’ by Jonas – has scored three times and provided two assists in 22 appearances across all competitions.
READ LIVERPOOL VERDICT
Valued at £54million and under contract at the Wanda Metropolitano until 2026 (Transfermarkt), signing the starlet would be an expensive venture for the Anfield club.
Capable of playing across the frontline but primarily a versatile nine, Felix would appear to have all the attributes to be a long-term successor to Roberto Firmino.
With the Brazilian’s future up in the air, Liverpool should be keeping a keen eye on the situation in Madrid and perhaps making their intentions known this summer.




