Liverpool tasted defeat for the first time of the season on Sunday at perhaps the most ill-opportune moment.
Whilst no supporter wants to see their side beaten at any juncture in the season, a humbling loss on the cusp of an international break brings about its own set of problems.
Now Kopites have been left to mull over what went wrong at West Ham and perhaps discuss how things can improve.
According to reputable journalist Fabrizio Romano, one way that the club are considering strengthening their ranks is by adding attackers in January.
Speaking on his Here We Go podcast, Romano claimed that the Reds are already planning for the temporary loss of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.
They are looking for wingers I’m told, wingers more than midfielders but let’s see if they are able to find the right player. Liverpool are always working like this, no panic buy but if they have a good opportunity, yes. If not they will I’m curious to see who that will be, for example, I’m told that Danjuma, of Villarreal, the former Bournemouth player is doing fantastic. They love this player in Liverpool but Villarreal have no intention of opening talks in January after keeping Unai Emery, they do not want to sell a key player.
Interest in Arnaut Danjuma is nothing new as the Reds were linked with the 24-year-old prior to his switch to Spain.
So far this season the tricky winger has scored seven times and provided two assists in 15 appearances across all competitions.
READ LIVERPOOL VERDICT
At present, it’s difficult to comprehend just how Jurgen Klopp will cope without the highly influential duo.
So reliant are the Reds on their wide goalscorers, surely an early January arrival has to be under consideration.
Neither Divock Origi nor Takumi Minamino have shown the credentials to be Premier League regulars on Merseyside and beyond those, the options quickly become unproven teenagers.
Albeit a long shot given the recency of his move to La Liga, signing the £22.5million valued Danjuma would be a worthwhile venture if at all feasible.




